Friday, May 3, 2013

Lunch With A Special Friend!

I had the best time yesterday afternoon with my friend Donna.  She is one of my closest and dearest friends.  I met Donna back in 2001 when we worked together as medical billers for a chiropractic office.  I instantly felt a connection with her.  It didn't feel like a job when we worked together.  We have always been able to share everything with each other and we have been there for each other through some tough times.  

It was my turn to pick the restaurant.  This was not an easy task.  Donna and I both have a hard time making decisions.  I know that she reads my blog so right now she is probably laughing at the last sentence!  After many suggestions we decided that Vinsetta Garage was the place.  Walt and I had been there last year for our anniversary and I knew the food was delicious and the atmosphere is fantastic.  It is originally the oldest auto repair garage east of the Mississippi.  When renovating it, the owners kept the garage almost exactly the way it was all those years ago.  Original auto work tickets were used as wallpaper for the waiting area and pennies cover the floor in the bathrooms.  

The food was delicious.  I wasn't doing my normal plant based diet yesterday.  I had a Coney dog with their homemade potato chips.  Donna had a bowl of their baked mac & cheese with a grilled chicken sandwich.  For dessert we shared a chocolate brownie cheese cake..Yum!  

It is always so much fun when Donna and I get together.  Good stories are told, pictures of our families are shared, and no doubt there is an abundance of laughter the entire time! 



The original sign was restored and used as the for the restaurant.
Donna and Me :-)

Dessert!

Because of how busy it was, the hostess asked us if it would be okay if she seated us in their private room.  It was wonderful!  We could laugh as loud as we wanted..LOL.


The bathroom floor.  Every inch of the bathroom floor is covered with pennies!

Original auto repair tickets are used as wallpaper.

7 comments:

  1. What a neat place. I love it when a theme is kept and used throughout, and it definitly was there. I know you had a good time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever make it up that far north, I want to eat in this restaurant. Do they have a web page? Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love how they have combined the old with the new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun place! Looks like you two had a great reunion! Our Lakeland lacks original and fun places like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool place!! Fun. Lots of fun! Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister Cheryl used to sing- song this saying to me; See a penny, pick it up & all the day you'll have good luck. There was an additional line that I've forgotten but it warned you of bad luck if you left it laying there. If I ever visit that restaurant I think I'll avoid the restroom. Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week we are teaching the children the value of coins...for the penny it goes like this...

    Penny, Penny
    Easily spent
    Copper and brown and
    worth one cent!

    love the pics of the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete