Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Been Awhile!

I am taking a stab at blogging again.  My problem is that I can never think of anything to write about!  I've decided that even if I only write a few lines, I am going to at least post something on a more daily or weekly basis. 

Despite my husband having bronchitis this weekend, we did have a nice & relaxing 4th of July weekend.  We took in a movie (The Heat), which I highly recommend .  It was very funny.  We also rented a few of movies - Silver Linings Playbook, Identity Thief, and Playing For Keeps.   Silver Linings Playbook was fantastic! It is a must see!  Identity Thief was entertaining and funny. But whatever you do, do not rent Playing For Keeps.  It was boring and the acting was awful.  I had high hopes for this movie because the cast was great.  I was really disappointed.

My mom was with us this weekend.  I picked her up at my sister's house on Thursday and I will be taking her back today.  It was so nice having her here.  She will be back at the end of the month and will stay for a week or two!

Below are some pictures I took yesterday when we went out for dinner with my mom.  It was nice having all our kids there to join us.  With their hectic schedules, it isn't always easy getting them all together.  I wish my son in-law was able to be with us.  He had to work last night.    

I'm looking forward to the end of this week.  Walt and I will be heading north to our friends Jim and Karen's cottage on Friday.  We haven't been there since the winter! 

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful new week!




13 comments:

  1. Oh it's good to see you! Just write about whatever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have truly missed you and your blogging. I am having the same problem trying to think of something to blog about, but have just been posting a day to day post, and hope you will too. You have such a beautiful family. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really missed you guys too! It's good to be back!

      Delete
  3. I am going to be a total copycat & mirror Linda's comments almost word for word. I have really missed your blog. Please write anything, what's boring to you is news to us. Also, you really do have a very beautiful family. Tell aunt Dot hi for me & give her my love. I hope she is taking good care of herself. Tell Your husband I hope he is feeling better. Thanks for the movie reviews, while I was in Nevada a few weeks ago I saw Now You See It. It was pretty good. Then my friend & I had to walk out of our 2nd movie. A young bell cap had recommended This Is The End, horrible. I was so shocked & disgusted, thank goodness my friend agreed to leave. Luckily they refunded us & we saw an adorable animated film called Epic. Anyway, glad your back in blog land. Take care.
    P.S. more pics at cabin, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! It's so good to hear from you! I missed our chats here. How was your trip to Las Vegas? Did you get to see Uncle Johnny? I want to warn you about the movie, The Heat. It has a lot of profanity. But it actually fits the movie because the character is a brassy streetwise cop..I can imagine her talking any other way..lol. I am glad you were able to get your refund and were able to see a different movie! I'll be sure to take pictures when we go up north this weekend. Love ya & miss you!

      Delete
  4. I missed seeing you here too. It's not the same on facebook. As you've probably noticed, I only post something weekly, and that something is what happened or what I did during the week. Certainly not anything too exciting, but I still like to have a record of my life though it may be dull. I think Multiply did us all a big disservice. I'll always miss that place.

    Has your husband tried the onion? The mothers of my kids swear by it. Hope he feels better and that you enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda..yep he tried the onion and the Vicks on the bottom of his feet but unfortunately it didn't work. Last night was probably his best night so far. He had a couple coughing episodes but at least it didn't last all night. I miss Multiply also. What has ever come of the new Multiply site?

      Delete
  5. Kris, I am so happy to see you back here! I've missed you, even though we connect on FB, it's just not quite the same. Blogging is just a little more personal.

    Your family is just beautiful. I love the photos. Hope Walt's bronchitis is gone so you can enjoy the weekend with your friends, at the cabin. Hope to see some photos from there!! Love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri..and I agree, blogging is much more personal than Facebook. And like Brenda said, it a great way to journal your life. The days before Multiply closed, I went back and read all my old posts. It was like going down memory lane!

      Delete
  6. Playing catch up with your blog. I haven't been on my blog or anyone's for a while. It's been a crazy summer around here. I haven't seen the Silver Linings movie, but have seen the other two you mentioned. I liked them both overall, but liked Identity Theft much better. Playing For Keeps though was lacking in something, maybe more substance. Could have been written better. The previews looked really good on it. Hope you enjoyed your time at your friends cabin. Probably will be reading about that in the more recent blog posts. lol

    ReplyDelete