Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lets Try This Again

It seems like I just can't get myself back to the world of blogging.  I've never had a struggle with blogging like this before.  I'm not sure what it is.  I have been very busy with stuff that would have probably made a good blog post but the thought of sitting down and writing about my day has been a bit overwhelming.  Has anyone ever had the same issue with blogging?  It is kind of like having writers block but with subjects at hand..haha.

Walt and I have been enjoying our summer.  There have been bonfires, cookouts, date nights along the waterfront, parties, concerts, and most recently a wonderful afternoon spent with friends boating on Lake St. Clair.  

It has been a very enjoyable and laid back summer for us.  It's almost time to say good-bye to summer as we head into the Labor Day weekend.  The kids will be back in school, the fall craft show season will be upon us and the schedules will start getting a little more hectic.  I think sometimes I function a little better when there is more of schedule to go by.  

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my post today.  I hope everyone is doing good and enjoying what is left of summer!  

Having lunch on the deck at Mike's On the Water.  It has become one of our favorite places to eat!


Boating!

The days have been pretty hot and humid but our evenings have been cool enough for a bonfire..so relaxing!




12 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you and I have trouble at times with what to blog, when to blog, etc. My life has been extremely trying this summer, so I am looking forward to slowing down, and enjoying the front porch, seeing the leaves change, etc. Do keep us posted on you and yours when and if you can. You are missed here....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking a break from blogging too, mainly because I presently in Ohio visiting. I only write blogs on a weekly basis anyway. Good to see you here though, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda..I hope you are enjoying visit! How long are you in Ohio for?

      Delete
  3. I am in the same place right now; plenty to write about, but no will to sit down and do it! I enjoy "hearing" what is happening in your world and am glad you have enjoyed your summer. I just fired up the my fitness pal again and have restarted that routine, so maybe I will get the blogging thing kicked back in soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie! I have been thinking about getting back to MyFitness Pal too! Maybe we can inspire each other!

      Delete
  4. I've felt overwhelmed and/or uninspired many times since I began my blog and have taken time off but usually not for terribly long. It happens because life happens and that's ok. I miss you, and will continue to look for you, but I understand.

    Your pictures are great, it looks like you've had a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've felt overwhelmed and/or uninspired many times since I began my blog and have taken time off but usually not for terribly long. It happens because life happens and that's ok. I miss you, and will continue to look for you, but I understand.

    Your pictures are great, it looks like you've had a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! It feels great to be back. I just have to tell you again (I mentioned on your page yesterday) how beautiful your blog is! I love the colors and backgrounds you used!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kris! It's so good to see you here again. I've missed you! I know, though, how busyness gets in the way. I also have trouble finding something to write about on a daily basis, when my days are pretty much the same - work. But I do love my friends here. I does seem like it's easier to stay focused when there is a deadline or schedule. Busy people get more done. True. Love your photos, and am happy we have Facebook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terri! Thanks and it is so good to be back. I don't know what it is but I always accomplish so much more when I have deadlines. I am the biggest procrastinator when there isn't a deadline. I so wish I could change that about myself!

    ReplyDelete