Friday, September 6, 2013
Ahhh..The Weekend!
For it being a short work week, it sure did seem like it took forever to get to Friday! I have been extremely busy at work and I am really looking forward to having a couple of days off to unwind.
Walt left this morning at the crack of dawn to go on his semi-annual fishing trip with my brother in-law and a group of friends. The same group of guys have been doing this trip for the last 20 years. Walt hasn't gone in a couple of years so this should be a great trip for him. They will charter a fishing boat this afternoon and then again tonight. They will also be back on the boat all day tomorrow. I am hoping he brings home some salmon!
I have lunch plans today with my friend, Donna. We always take days to make a decision on where to have lunch. Before 7 am we were sending text messages back and forth with ideas. We chose Green Lantern. They are known for their great pizza! I can't wait to see her!
Tomorrow I am going to spend part of my afternoon with Lauren. We are going out for lunch and then shopping for a birthday gift for Corey. We are going to be celebrating his birthday on Sunday with breakfast at my sisters.
Sunday we will be watching the Lions season opener!! I'm excited that football is back. Lindsay and her boyfriend and their friends are coming over to watch the game with us. I will probably make a pot of chili and have some other "game day" recipes.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I made a pot of chili for dinner tonight. It was good, if I do say so myself. Your weekend (and Walt's) sounds great! Have fun, Kris!! Let us know, please, if you get that salmon!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a full weekend! ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteI think I read the same thing about this having been a long week on Terri's page. I imagine at this very moment you're watching a football match. The Bengals are on here and they're losing after being ahead most of the game. Hope your team wins.
ReplyDelete