As always, the weekend went by way too quick for my liking. We had a wonderful time at my Uncle Ed's surprise 70th birthday party. It was so fun to visit with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles. It was especially nice seeing my cousin Jessica (Uncle Ed's youngest daughter) she was able to fly in from Alaska for the celebration. My Uncle Ed was so surprise to see her there. They had a wonderful slideshow of his life. I had the best time looking for old photos to send to my cousin for the slideshow. In the process of looking for old photos of my Uncle Ed, I came across a whole bunch of my cousin, Debbie who lives in Washington. I can't wait to scan them in and send them to her!
I will be busy today finishing up the 1099s to send to our contractors. I am happy to say that our W2s went out Friday! Have a wonderful week everyone and thanks for taking time to stop by! Below are some pictures from my Uncle Ed's birthday party.
 |
| My mom with her baby brothers! My Uncle Ed is on the left and my Uncle Bill is on the right. |
 |
| Uncle Ed arriving at his party and checking out an old photo of himself. |
 |
| Saying thank you to everyone and also joking around like he always does! |
 |
| My Uncle Bill saying some kind words about his little brother. He got pretty emotional up there. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room when he finished his speech! |
 |
| My brother in-law John and Walt. I told them that they must have called each other before the party to see what colors they were wearing..haha. |
 |
| Lindsay with her boyfriend Ben. |
Love the pictures of the birthday party. You are so blessed to have such a large family. I dont, and envy those that do to a degree. I know you are glad to get those W2's out and the 1099's soon too. I still have mine to do, but only have 2, as Jim closed his business last February, so not much to report, and thank you Lord, it is the last time as well! Have a great day Kris...so glad you are back and posting again.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Linda! I do feel blessed to have a big family. I wish I could get together more often with all of them. I was talking to my cousins at the party and we all agreed that we need more family parties. When summer arrives, I would love to have a few cookouts for everyone to get together. Good luck on getting your 1099's out..I bet you are happy that this is your last year for having to do them!
DeleteGreat photos, and it sure looks like you had a great crowd to celebrate with your uncle!! Congrats on getting the W2s and 1099s out! I know how good it feels! It is so nice to have you blogging again!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Terri! There was a lot of family there! And it was nice to be together for a happy occasion. It seemed far too often we were getting together for a funeral. Have a great week!
DeleteHope you knew everybody there! I think several of the men decided to wear pullovers that were similar in design. Thanks for sharing the day with us in photos.
ReplyDeleteHi Brenda! Yep, we knew everyone. I know for sure that my Uncle Ed, my brother in-law and Walt got the sweater memo!! Haha.
DeleteLooks like a nice gathering. I miss having family around to get together with. My dad used to love to do family bbq's & uncle Gene & aunt Mary & lots of cousins would come. Sometimes uncle Johnny & his wife Virginia would come, sometimes uncle Chuck & his wife, Wanda, occasionally all would be together. Here in Washington it's just Mark, my boys & me. Guess I'm kinda feeling a little sorry for myself & maybe just a tad jealous of you Krissy. It's a blessing having family & friends. I'm thankful for the family I had & for the family that I still have. Very excited in anticipation of the photos you are sending. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteDeb..I wish we lived closer! It would be awesome to have you at all of our family gatherings. I can imagine the cookouts with Uncle Joe, Uncle Gene and Uncle Chuck were so fun!
DeleteIt looks like a good time was had by all.
ReplyDelete