Monday, January 27, 2014

Feeling Blessed





I'm starting the new week off feeling so blessed and thankful for what God has given me in my life.  I have a deep faith in God, a family I love more than words can describe, good health and a marriage that keeps getting stronger with every passing year!  

We had such a wonderful weekend.  It was relaxing and peaceful.  The weather was cold but the campfire room was toasty and the snow covered roads and trees were so beautiful.  We are hoping to go back up on Valentine's Day.  

We returned home to very snowy conditions.  The local schools are closed today because of the bitter cold and the snowy roads.  I can't recall a time when school has been canceled more than it has been this winter. I'm pretty sure at this point the school districts have gone over their allowed amount of snow days for the year.  Those poor kids are going to have to make up these days in the summer.  Tomorrow doesn't promise to be any better.  The windchill is expected to be near -30 below zero.  I'm sure school will be canceled again.  I realized after typing this last paragraph, I need to remember what I wrote in the first paragraph..haha.  I'm blessed and old man winter can't bring me down!  

Wishing everyone a wonderful week that is filled with new possibilities and of course meaning blessings!




4 comments:

  1. LOL, you are wise...old man winter cant ruin a wonderful weekend, nor all the blessing you have. Hope the bad weather passes soon, there and here. No snow, but bitter cold for us. Have a great Monday Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so great that you can "camp" in the bitter cold winter weather! Not something that would be on my radar, but I do know how you love it...and so do many of your friends! Maybe Feb 14 will find you in slightly warmer conditions! We are to hit mid-70s here today, and we have some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What charming photos. LIke Terri, it's not something I would relish, but I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and that you're so blessed by God! I can't remember a time when school has been cancelled this often either...it will be July before they get vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you had sunshine, which makes cold weather just a bit more bearable. The wind is what chilled me today. I remember having to go to school on Saturday when I was little. Glad you had a wonderful weekend despite the snow. I love seeing photos like yours of the snow.

    ReplyDelete