Wednesday, January 15, 2014
My New Favorite Kitchen Item!
I know that I was far behind the rest of the world when it came to owning a Keurig but not anymore! Walt bought me one for Christmas this year. I absolutely love it! I think I might even love it more than my microwave..haha.
The funny thing is the one thing that I love the most about it (the variety of flavors) is the one thing that I thought would be useless on me. I have always been just a straight black coffee drinker. Very rarely did I ever go to one of the fancy coffee houses for a flavored coffee. What was I thinking? There is a whole new world out there in coffee flavors that I am no longer missing out on!
I'm trying to find the best places to purchases the K-cups from. If there is a downside to the Keurig, I would have to say the cost of the K-cups would be it. Kroger seems to be the best place so far, as long as you buy their store brand flavors. I can't tell a difference at all and they are about $2 a box cheaper than the other brands.
What are your favorite flavors and where do you buy your K-cups from?
Yesterday I made our final reservation for our Florida vacation that we will be taking in May! I am so excited about this trip because it will be almost 3 years since we have taken a family vacation with the kids, my mom, and sister and brother in-law. This year there is going to be 10 of us going! We were able to rent the same vacation house that we rented back in 2011. The owner has raised his rates but since we are returning guests he is giving us the rate that we paid in 2011! I believe we have 120 days to go!
Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are ahead of me Kris, because I dont have a Keurig yet. Have thought about it, talked to people who own them, but still, cost wise, think I will wait a while longer. I do love flavored coffee tho! Your Fla. vacation looks and sounds fantastic, and so glad everyone is going...makes it lots more fun.
ReplyDeleteLinda..I was thinking you had one. You would love it!
DeleteKris, we LOVE our Keurig, and we also got one for work. I buy the K-Cups at Sam's Club, for just the plain coffee (our Sam's doesn't carry flavored coffees) because we get 80 in a box and they cost less than 50¢ each. We pick up flavors at Publix or Walmart. I even saw some at Ace Hardware the other day!! If the price is 50¢ or less per k-cup, I feel great about making the purchase. I'm looking forward to your Florida vacation, too!! :)
ReplyDelete50 cents each is a great price. That is what we pay when we get the Kroger brand on sale. Lindsay and Matt both love the Green Tea and Hot Coco..I can't keep that in the house..haha. I can't wait to see you guys in May!!
DeleteI'm not a fan of flavoued coffees, but will take a bit of milk in mine. This summer my sister and I discovered the Fair Trade brand in Kroger. It's cheaper than Starbuck's brand and, in my opinion a lot better quality coffee. That's a nice present!
ReplyDeleteBrenda..I don't know if I have tried Fair Trade but I do love Kroger's brand of about anything. Their soups, pasta, seasonings..etc..you name it and I will buy that over the name brand.
DeleteI haven't been at all interested in the Keurig, I'm a basic coffee kinda gal. I do like something flavored once in a while.
ReplyDeleteFlorida sounds wonderful to me right now!
Julie, I was the same way..just a basic coffee drinker. But I bought a variety pack of different flavors and it has been nice trying the different ones. My favorite right now is the vanilla cappuccino..yum!!
Delete