Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Antique Shopping



I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last post.  The week feels like it is going by really quick!

We had a wonderful weekend at our camper.  Friday was Valentine's Day and we celebrated by going out for dinner and then a trip to the casino.  We had a great time and I won a whopping amount of $28.00!   Saturday morning we went antique shopping.  We didn't end up buying anything but it was fun to see what kind of antiques each place had.  

The weather here in Michigan has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride.  Monday night we had a snow storm but it was followed with sunny skies and temperatures on the rise!   Tomorrow we might even get a thunderstorm!  Could spring actually be on the horizon?  I sure hope so!


I hope everyone is having a great week so far!  Thanks for stopping by!





The Bittersweet Quilt & Antique Shop was once a church that was built in 1922.











6 comments:

  1. I love to go 'antiquing' too! I rarely buy but love looking. I was going to ask, before I read on down, if the bldg. was an old church. That is a hobby of mine....looking at, going into old churches. Glad you had a good time camping and we are all hoping spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I mentioned on facebook about going to Joe Bologna's restaurant which was in an old synagogue. I love that cupboard that you've photographed. Lots of interesting items!

    Even one of my students commented about how quickly this week is passing. Oh, and congratulations on your 'big' win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day weekend, Kris! Spring has sprung here in Lakeland, with the Tigers starting spring training! Joe and I have plans to see the Tigers and Phillies next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to antique stores & consignment shops. I find in antique stores that I'm often drawn to the cabinets & dressers & furniture that is used to showcase the antiques. I'm very into repurposing & occasionally building furniture.

    As for the weather, wow. Some crazy storms happening. Even here we're having more rain than usual. Is that even possible here in the Pacific Northwest? Lol. I think we're all anxious for a nice calm spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love antique shopping! That one looks to be in an old church...super cool as I love old churches too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day/weekend. What a lovely antique store. The weather here in IL has been crazy as well. I am ready to get off the roller coaster winter we have had this year. The last few days have been so much better and makes me wish for Spring even more. However, according to our extended forecast, Mother Nature isn't letting go of winter so fast. Back in the teens and low 20's for the high next week. This week though is kind of like a reminder that Spring will get here........eventually. lol

    ReplyDelete