Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Our Weekend

I'm so happy that we decided to go to the Detroit Camper & RV show this weekend.  It was so much fun.  I know that I would have loved having my family room and kitchen painted but like you all said, we can do that another weekend!

Our travel trailer is 10 years old and I am amazed at the updates that the new RV's have.  One of my favorite updates are the fireplaces that are in the living room and bedrooms and also the flat screen TV's.  Many of them also have kitchen islands and walk-in closets in the bedroom.  Seriously, some of these campers have better closets and kitchens than my own house!  I think I have planted the seed in Walt's mind to start thinking about turning in our camper for a new one.  We use our camper pretty much year around so I don't feel like it would be a waste of money.  

Saturday night we had fun with our friends, Jim and Karen.  We went to this little bar and had dinner and drinks.  Later in the evening we talked Jim into singing karaoke.  He has a wonderful voice.  He loves to sing country songs and he did a great job singing a couple of Merle Haggard hits.  Good times!

I was sadden to hear that Shirley Temple passed away.  I remember watching her movies when I was a little girl. You can tell by all the posts on Facebook and Twitter that she was loved by many and she is going to be greatly missed!  


I loved the cabinets and counter tops in this camper! 

I would love to have an island in our next one!

Both the TV and Firelplace was made to swivel from the living room to the bedroom.  How nice is that!


9 comments:

  1. WOW!! Those RVs are amazing. Keep us posted when you start shopping!! Glad you had a good time at the show. We paid to have our two bedrooms painted this time. Worth every penny. I'll never paint again. Thank You, Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri..they have come a long way since we bought our camper! We thought about hiring someone to paint but the money that we will save by doing it ourselves can be used for other stuff that this rundown house needs..lol. I LOVE how yours turned out!

      Delete
  2. Glad you went to see the new campers and I bet before summer, you will have one of those with the fireplace.. A dear friend of ours has a motor home that has everything a house would have and then some. You can do that painting another time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right Linda! I would love to be camping this summer in a new one!!

      Delete
  3. I lived in a mobile home one summer when I was at university, and it was nothing compared to these campers. Of course, we didn't have flat screen TV's then.

    I'm sure Shirley Temple's family will miss her. As for the rest of us, we've lost an exceptional person. I think a lot of the younger generation of Hollywood's famous could do well to follow her example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **I think a lot of the younger generation of Hollywood's famous could do well to follow her example.** - You are so right about that, Brenda!

      Delete
  4. Wow, those campers are amazing! Maybe we should just get a camper instead of another house?

    I loved Shirley Temple in "Heidi", & I can't count how many times "On the Good Ship Lollipop" has got stuck in my head. Lol. She was such an adorable little girl.
    Well I'm off to make some fudge for a little Valentine treat for my coworkers. Have a good week. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Shirley Temple. Sitting and watching her movies with my mom was a favorite childhood pastime. It amazes me how fancy those RV's are these days. What luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow if those RV's don't make you want to go camping, I don't know what would. :) Sounds like you had a great weekend last week. :)

    ReplyDelete