1. We had some severe storms move through our area early this morning.
2. The wind and rain was coming down so hard that I thought our roof was going to come off.
3. I knew it was really bad when the tornado sirens started going off. I'm still not used to hearing the voice that beams through the city intercom. It kept repeating to take cover immediately.
4. The storm lasted for about 30 minutes. We came downstairs until it was over. I felt bad for Walt. He had to go to work while we all went back to our cozy beds.
5. The sun is shining now and the humidity is gone!
6. I've started reading the first book of the Outlander series. I can't wait to dive into it during our camping trip this weekend.
7. I love reading while camping. I'll never forget reading Harry Potter while on a camping weekend. The smell of the simmering campfire just added to the whole fantasy that I was deep into!
8. I need to replenish my coffee but I am too lazy to get up off the couch..haha.
9. The Tigers won in grand fashion last night! We were down 3 runs in the 9th inning and Rajai Davis hit a grand slam to win the game!
10. My last thought is going to be a quote that I came across on Pinterest. "If I were really really ridiculously wealthy, I wouldn't buy a mansion, just tiny apartments in every city I love." - Mara Wilson.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

Well, i have one tiny apartment in my city! I love that quote. I was thinking the other day if Iwon a lot of money on the Red Cross lottery this month, I'd have my flat re-decorated and gift some of the money. How frightening the storm must have been! I hope you didn't get any damage. Both my sister and BIL have put photos of a big tree that a storm blew down. The tree was near their pond, but they also have a really big tree next to the house. They live near Cincinnati. I hate and fear storms
ReplyDeleteBrenda..thank goodness your sis and brother in-law are okay. I heard there is major damage in that area! I get so scared of storms too. It is starting to look like it might storm again here. The sun has disappeared and the it is getting dark out.
DeleteIt is so hard to believe it is already July. Boy, this year is flying for sure. Glad you didnt get harmed in the storm. Weather has been crazy for over a year now. I love reading too, but cant get in the mood for some reason. I am dealing with sciatica and I guess my mind is on that. Have a good Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in my prayers Linda that you get some relief from the pain soon. You still have a couple of weeks before you go for your epidural right? I bet you can't wait for that appointment to get here!
DeleteKris...I think I slept through the storm. Some of my flowers were on my balcony but other than that I didn't see any other effect. Glad you were safe. I read a lot...most books are on my kindle but I still like the real book too. Oh, and thanks for your comment on my blog...I really appreciate my friends on here.
ReplyDeleteHi Ruth! Happy to hear you didn't have any damage from the storm! I heard Oakland county was the worst hit. I love reading books on the kindle..I can see much better when it is on the kindle..lol. Have a great rest of the week!
ReplyDeleteKris, I am late getting to blogs and am only doing a few, here and there. Slammed at work, and at home this week. I'll catch up! I would go crazy hearing "take cover" blasting from a loud speaker!! Oh my goodness, it must be frightening! I hope you like the Outlander series. I am a third of the way through the 8th book, and am looking forward to the series starting on TV, August 9th (Starz network). Hope it is as good as the books! Let me know what you think! Have a fabulous weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Terri! I can tell by the first couple of chapters that I am going to really love this series! I want to get through the first book before the TV series starts! I can't believe you are on the 8th book already! It must be good..lol.
Delete