1. We received sad news yesterday. Walt's Aunt Lillian passed away in her sleep. She was such a sweet woman. She was my father in-law's older sister.
2. It's sad to think that Walt no longer has any aunts or uncles alive.
3. On a happy note, my niece/God daughter got engaged last Friday! We love her fiancee and are looking forward to having him join our family!
4. The view from my front window today:
5. The rain is suppose to move out later this afternoon. I hope they are right!
6. Thinking I am going to have a bowl of chicken noodle soup for lunch today.
7. Has anyone seen the Tom Hank's movie, Saving Mr. Banks? We watched it with Lauren and Matthew Sunday night and I really enjoyed it!
8. Do you remember how we could do movie and book reviews on Multiply? That was a cool feature that they had.
9. They are filming the new Batman vs. Superman movie here in our area. Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have been spotted at local restaurants in our area. It is kind of exciting. I also heard that they are going to filming a scene only 2 miles from my house!
10. The picture at the top of my post is from one of our walks last weekend.
Thanks for stopping my page. Have a terrific Tuesday!


My condolences to Walt, Krissy. That is sad news to receive indeed. At least she passed peacefully & hopefully with no agony. I am in a bit of a sad state myself as my husband was laid off for the second time now last week. He is out now at a job fair for O'Reillys. It is a local auto parts store. He has never worked for any type of retail but has fairly extensive knowledge of cars of all makes and models. It does not pay very well but any job is better than no job. I hope he finds something soon. Something that could be a little more permanent would be nice.
ReplyDeleteDeb..I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep him in my prayers that a job opportunity comes his way.
DeleteIt is sad to hear of your husband's Aunt passing away. I know you wish that rain would go away....send it to us....we need some. I guess we are having typical summer weather tho!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Linda...I wish I could send the rain off to you!
DeleteSorry to hear about Walt's aunt passing. It is sad when we start becoming the "older generation". My sympathy and prayers are with you all. Great news about your niece and how wonderful that her intended has already found a place in the family. Your rain view looks like mine right now. We have been getting buckets and buckets of rain lately. We need it, but we could use a break for a couple of days!! Have a good evening!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Terri. I hope Florida is getting its share of rain right now and hopefully that means sunny skies when we are there in September!
DeleteMy condolences to your family too. Is your husband's parents still living?
ReplyDeleteYour weather sounds a bit like ours, although it hasn't rained any since those horrible storms we had last week. I've just made some potato salad for tomorrow which I'll have with some brats.
Hi Brenda..thanks for your condolences. Walt's parents are both deceased. His mom passed away in 1989 and his dad in 2012. I have been craving potato salad! Sounds perfect with brats! Enjoy!
Delete