Monday, November 10, 2014
A New Day!
The above quote is a good reminder for me today. I am so busy at work right now. I also have a craft show that I need to get ready for in two weeks, and I will be hosting Thanksgiving for about 24 family and friends. I need to find time to get my house in order before Thanksgiving. I feel overwhelmed but I need to stop and just make the most out of today. I can either choose to get depressed at everything that needs to get done or I can look at my busy schedule as a blessing. I have a good job, I have fun making crafts and more importantly I have a beautiful family that I will be surrounded with on Thanksgiving! So like the quote says, "make the most of it, there is only one per customer."
Have a wonderful week everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I too need to claim the quote. We are having the whole family here for Thanksgiving and cleaning the house isnt easy for us any more. We have to start 2 weeks ahead, to get it all done. We are slow. But...........we do have a home, and do have a family that we love being with. Good post.
ReplyDeleteIt will all be worth it when you see all those smiling faces at the dinner table! Do you have dinner early or later on Thanksgiving? We usually eat around 3:00 because everyone is over to watch the Lions game..lol.
DeleteMy house isn't 'dirty' and I DO clean before company comes, but I quit stressing over it. It is what it is, and having that many people in the house just makes it messy all over again. People don't come to visit, to look at dust in the corners. I don't see it when I visit friends and family, and I'm sure they don't see it at our house. If they do, they know where the cleaning things are!! LOL Just do what you can, and enjoy the love!!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm stressing because cleaning isn't all I have to do. I have so much else going on and it has me a little nervous. But it will get done, it always does. I had a productive day at work and that alone has curbed some of the stress. :-)
DeleteThat's the attitude, Kris i have times when I'm really busy too, especially around Christmas time, but a friend and I were talking about how bored we would be if we were like some people who have nothing to do or who do nothing. Hope your crafts show is a success. I know everyone will enjoy themselves at Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Brenda! Yes..I much rather be busy than bored but sometimes I'm to blame for the stress. I tend to be a procrastinator and it always comes back to bite me...lol
DeleteI will only have five. My younger son & his sweet girlfriend will come over & join my older son, my husband & I for Thanksgiving. I want the house to be perfect but alas I cann get everything done that I want done. Rick is bringing a game & will certainly not care if everything is spotless & arranged just so. I look forward to sharing a meal & some love & laughter with my family. We are blessed to be so "busy"! Thanks for the quote. I'm going to show it to my husband now. Have a good week Krissy.
ReplyDelete