Friday, May 1, 2015

The Cross and the Light

Last night was amazing.  My mom's church was hosting the concert/production of The Cross and the Light.  The music in the concert tells the story of the Passion of Christ.  I don't think words can adequately describe the emotions that were felt while watching the performance.  One of the most powerful moments for me was when Mary was saying good-bye to her Son as He was nailed to the cross.  The walls of the church were transformed into a canvas of holy imaginary, created by an amazing light show.  If you click on this link you can see a short video that shows part of the concert and how it is changing people's lives.  The music was powerful and different from what we normally hear in the Catholic church.  There were a couple of times during the Resurrection where we did some hand clapping and feet tapping.  It felt so good!  Here's the link:  The Cross and the Light


Yesterday was Day 120 of the Take A Photo A Day challenge.  Below is the picture I took before the concert started.  

Walt and I are going to dinner with friends tonight and we will spend tomorrow working on the bathroom.  Have a great weekend everyone!  



2 comments:

  1. Kris, that is fantastic. I would LOVE to see it, and can certainly understand what an impact it made. Thanks you for sharing. Have a great weekend, but dont work toooo hard! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how much I loved 'Jesus Christ Superstar' and even saw it performed in Spanish. Very moving.

    ReplyDelete