Monday, August 13, 2012

A New Week!

I hope this blog post finds everyone starting their new week relaxed and refreshed from a good weekend.  We had a wonderful time at Michelle & Giac's wedding.  We sat with a couple who's children went to school with our kids back in elementary school.  We had so many good memories of our days at St. Anne Catholic School.  We recalled all the festivals, craft shows, school field trips, and of course the sporting events.  We did a lot of dancing, eating and yes..a little too much drinking:-)  I should say, that I did a little too much drinking.  Walt had the responsibility of driving us home, including Lauren and Corey because they had taken a limo to the hall.  I have to say, even with the headache the next day, I had so much fun!

Sunday we visited my father in-law and had a nice visit with him outside in the nursing home courtyard and gathering area.  The nursing home really maintains this outside visiting area so well.  They keep flowers planted and they have a beautiful water fountain in the front area of the courtyard.  They also have several picnic tables for families to sit at while visiting their loved one.  

We capped off our weekend by hanging out with the kids and having a small cookout.  It was a great day to relax and enjoy the family.  Lindsay has been asking me to bake brownies so I surprised her yesterday by making a batch and we enjoyed our Sunday evening by eating brownies and watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.  Congrats to the USA Olympians, you made us proud!!

I took some pictures of the courtyard while visiting my father in-law:




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful courtyard!! I so enjoyed the Olympic games!! I fixed my blog so hopefully you can write again :). Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an excellent weekend (except for the hangover!) and brownies sound yummy. We watched a little of the closing ceremonies, but after the athletes came in, it lost some luster for us, so we changed channels. Our athletes certainly did make us proud, though! The courtyard photos are wonderful. How nice that your FIL can be in such a pleasant facility. Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a really good weekend. The pictures are so pretty and I think it is really important that our nursing home/assisted living home friends and family have a pleasant environment. They all would much rather be at home, but some just cant. I am especially thankful for the good places they can live. A family cookout cant be beat! Have a good Monday my friend.

    ReplyDelete