Ten thoughts on my marriage:
1. When I was teenager I prayed to God every night that He would send me, "someone who I could spend the rest of my life with. Someone who would love me, respect me, and protect me." And in March of 1985 I met that man that would become the answered to that prayer.
2. We talked about getting married on our first date.
3. We both knew right away that we wanted to have children. 7 months after we were married, we found out that we were expecting our first child.
4. We were married on September 19th by Fr.Sam at St. Athanasius Catholic Church.
5. He is my best friend.
6. I love getting a text message from him in the middle of the afternoon that says, "I love you".
7. His mom and dad raised him with same kind of unconditional love that my parents did.
8. I love that he can say, "I'm sorry".
9. Our children are the center of our lives.
10. Our most important marriage rules- Talk things over, and always make time for each other. Our date nights remind us of how we fell in love all those years ago.


What a wonderful testimony and I love the picture of the two of you.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful couple who started right and have stayed right.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post, Kris! You two are very lucky to have found each other, but I think you know it.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful tribute to you both. God has truly blessed you.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the kind comments!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteI love your 10 thoughts! I think it is my most favorite one yet! God has definitely blessed the both of you and it sounds like your parents raised you both right! :)
ReplyDelete