Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Busy..Busy..Busy!

The title of my post pretty much sums up my life right now.  The last couple of weeks I have been extremely busy at work.  I had several deadlines that I had to meet.  I feel like I have a little breathing room now and it's a good feeling!  

Today is Fat Tuesday but to Detroiters it's better known as Paczki Day!  All the local bakeries have made dozens and dozens of these wonderful Polish pastries as a way to indulge before the Lenten season starts.  We indulge today and fast tomorrow!

We have been busy painting our family room.  I should say - Walt has been busy painting the family room..lol.  I have been busy cleaning up behind him.  I love how it is turning out.  Picking the paint color was almost nearly impossible!  I made several trips to Lowe's and went through 7 different jar samples before we found the color we liked.  It is called Moose Mousse.  It's a pretty shade of beige.  The other colors that we tried looked beige on the sample card but once it was on the wall they appeared to have a pink or purple tone to it.  Here are a few pictures of how it is going.  We are going to start the kitchen this week.  

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I have been up to!  I hope your week is off to a great start so far! 


Walt is doing some touch ups.  The wall he is working on is a part of the addition that we did back in 1995.  The curve that you see is the part of the wall that connects the original wall with the wall from the addition.  After painting, we could see the seam of the wall was showing through so he was doing some patching.  You can see the ceiling has some patches as well.  A work in progress!

I like the color contrast that the fireplace mantel has against the new color.

The color appears to be darker in this photo because I have the shades on the patio door pulled down.

11 comments:

  1. I love this colour! Did one coat cover the walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda..yes one coat is all it took.

      Delete
  2. I love the color, too, Kris! I like that it looks kind of mocha in that last photo, but bright and clean in the family room. It does make a great contrast with your lovely mantle!! Good choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make 3 that loves it! I like the color you chose and with the white, it shows up really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color! Great choice because so many other colors will go well with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie..that is what I was thinking. It shouldn't be a problem when we change our furniture. :-)

      Delete
  5. Looks lovely, Krissy. Neutral, but not boring at all. Love your white mantel. I want white cupboards in my next kitchen. Crossing my fingers & hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Deb! I want white cabinets too! I fell in love with them through Pinterest..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color of the living room and dining area Kris! And it looks great with the mantle. Glad things are slowing down for you a bit at work, so you can just breathe for a minute and of course enjoy your time. Especially now that Spring training is underway. :)

    ReplyDelete